Are we disgusting or what??
Anyway, in case you weren't aware (doubtful!), it's Friday. Which means that the weekend is upon us! What are your plans?
Here are mine:
1) Clean my car. It's outrageous. Like a portable storage container for trash. Must be dealt with ASAP.
2) Get my life in order generally. I need to deal with some really boring crap like "paperwork" and "budgeting" and "scheduling"...blah blah blah, my eyes are already glazing over. Can't I just have someone DO THIS FOR ME? Do you ever feel like that?!?!
3) Finish ETERNITY revisions. Just finish them!
4) Attend M&K's housewarming bonfire. My friends, who recently celebrated their one-year wedding anniversary, built a house! Can you imagine? They just moved in a few weeks ago and there will be lobster and grilling and wine and celebration.
5) Prepare for TUESDAY, aka ENVY DAY! I'll be hosting a book launch party at Longfellow Books in Portland (my favorite bookstore, in case you were wondering). This is a picture of me, there, at a Maine Women Write book club gathering just a few months ago:
(Yes I am wearing the same shirt in both of those photos taken months apart! Don't judge!)
Before I do any of those things, though, I'm going to finish making the ENVY playlist. I'm so excited to share it with you guys -- I think these songs really capture some of the feelings in the book. Want a little teaser? How about these two songs:
Myth by Beach House (I picture this being a song Em and Drea would listen to in the car.)
Blue Orchid by the White Stripes (Frantic energy and an orchid mention - it just clicks.)
Have you read ENVY yet? Do you think these songs correspond with the mood of the book?